Saturday, December 10, 2011

December Dreams/November Review

DECEMBER DREAMS
1. Write review/reflection of the year piece for 10thousandgirl (and then do it myself!). I'm really excited to share this with you guys.
2. Celebrate a wonderful family christmas in Sydney (unfortunately minus the sister dearest in London)
3. Celebrate New Years Eve in Style with a delicious wine tasting extravaganza
4. Complete template of family tradition
5. Do first family recipe
6. Create book outline for 10thousandgirl
7. Create book outline for SSS book (ooooh)
8. Enjoy christmas celebrations (several lunches, picnics and work parties)
9. See Mary Poppins at the Capitol Theatre
10. Look at a product that has been sitting on my bookshelf for a while
11. Organise an easy to use Project information flow (i'm sick of all my bits of scrap paper and different notebooks)
12. Volunteer and record a chapter for Librivox - free audiobooks!
13. Carry over from November - SSS email address, garden work,
14. Carry over from November

I'm sure there is plenty more, but that will do for now - will give myself permission to add here if required.
NOVEMBER REVIEW
1. Start creating a herb and flower garden on the terrace and put my not-so-green-thumb to the test. Sort of, I got given a beautiful plant by my Aunty and she planted a money tree off cut. So it has started. Much more to do!
2. Start the family cookbook I've been talking about for the last 11 months. Take pictures and collect recipes of what my family cooks. Dad and I have planned a schedule and started a list of recipes to start on.
3. Talk to Dad about his memoirs and see how I can officially help. We've discussed it quite a few times and he has started putting together the stories of his interesting life. Rescheduled for December
4. Get into the habit of writing 500 words a day - regardless if it is for the blog, my journal, a plan - whatever it is just write everyday. This was inspired by Chris Guillebeau's book The Art of Non Conformity (read it if you want to break out of the status quo). It hasn't quite been 500 words a day, but I've written something daily. There is definitely room for improvment.
5. Start drawing/visual journaling regularly (another habit re-inspired by an awesome book called The Creative License Giving Yourself Permission To Be The Artist You Really Are by Danny Gregory - I have a creative crush on him). Done
6. Create and implement new routine for my new Life. Done, though it is being challenged since I've started a temporary office job.
7. Start juicing again! After the extremely positive experience of Raw Food and the unhealthy holiday in London (and the kilos it put on!), it is time to get back in to healthy eating. Done and yum!
8. Spend quality time with my Aunty Ursula who is visiting from Germany. Done. She left Sydney last week to head back to Hamburg via Perth. The humans and animals miss her terribly! Come back soon :)
9. Run 10thousandgirl Geelong workshop. Done - was a fab group of girls. Geelong was interesting.  I got to see the house we lived in in 1988...Memories...
10. Enjoy T Harv Eker's Millionaire Mindset seminar here in Sydney. Done. Enjoyed some parts, really questioned others...
11. Look at mortgage options with mortgage broker. Rescheduled for December
12. Chair final Steering Committee meeting where we are 'guinea pigging' the final 10thousandgirl Personal Finance Program module. Done! Was sad that the formal meetings have ended. We've gotten so much out of the program, but the friendships are especially important.
13. Create picture wall at home. I've printed the pics and have most of the frames. I just need to put the pics in the frames and hang them.  Done! I am so proud of it. See my photo wall here.
14. Explore new income streams - I still have that mortgage to pay and I have to buy dog food! Tentatively explored some. More ideas coming. Currently temping for two weeks in an admin role.
15. Create my SSS formal email address. Attempted. I thought I was successful in creating it. Then realised I failed. Time to ask the IT experts (The Man - handy!)
16. Start formal SSS plans! This one I didn't get too far on and I'm not proud of it. But I forgive myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...