|Me expressing my joy towards the top of Mauna Kea to watch the sun set|
When my mum suggested, on a Sunday night, that I get on a plane on Tuesday night, I froze. I thought of all the things I had scheduled, the other doggie we were to look after, whether I deserved to go on a last-minute family holiday. I felt guilty that I was lucky enough to be in this position. Funny huh?
But when opportunities like these present themselves - you need to jump. I was letting things that I could change and handle stop me. I checked with The Man if it would be okay (after all, this decision effected him too!) and then said yes. I got over myself and the buts. I scrambled to re-organised and rearranged the meetings and work I had planned and ensured I packed work with me. After all, I want to be creating a portable business and this was an opportunity to have that.
I ended up not quite having the internet access and time by the pool I thought I would while I was away, but I got to create some precious memories with my sister and mum (while doing a little bit of work in McDonalds and Starbucks for internet!).
Unfortunately not all my August dreams were able to come to fruition, but the rest of September will make up for it! Plus the Hawaii experience helped me disconnect from the regular distractions and gave me awesome inspiration for some new long term goals that are starting to seed themselves!
- Celebrate 3 year anniversary together with The Man
- Progress SSS redesign with Carly from Moozoo Designs
- Help celebrate friend's book launch
- Help celebrate Ms C & Mr M's Permanent Residency Party
- Attend cousin's wedding
- Clear up paperwork that is currently all over the place
- Get back into a regular yoga practice
- Craft new health goal
- Reconnect with my journal
- Catch up with Perth Bestie coming to town
- Launch the new professional focussed me
- Get clear on biz direction and timeframe
- Create logo for new biz
- Revamp editorial calendar
- Implement new insight into my life
- New website progress
- Web copy draft
- Finish $100 Start Up as below
- Catch up with girlfriend up from Melbourne - Attempted - we showed up but the ferry queues didn't allow for actual connection
- Catch up with US based BFF and her little family who are visiting - Done (even though the little man was sick and it delayed their arrival in Sydney so we had 20mins at the airport!)
- Have a house repairs day - Done (well, I made the list and The Man did them...)
- Write draft of new biz idea with The Man - more deets to come! - Postponed
- Write website copy - Postponed
- Website development - Postponed
- Start Health Challenge - postponed by a few days due to lingering cold - Postponed
- Knit Scarf - Done - it was really crocheted and I don't think anyone is getting the wonky thing
- Start Granny Square challenge - I bought all the bits but didn't end up creating a single square
- Online monthly meeting with great women around the world - (I missed it as it was the night before leaving for Hawaii and I was frantically running around and had rearranged meetings)
- Wedding dress viewing with girlfriends - Done - awesome - approved
- Finish reading $100 Start Up by Chris Guillebeau- Postponed
- Announce Thirty Days Of Thanks - Postponed
- Finish incompletes - there are a bunch of emails and promised items that are keeping me awake at night. It doesn't sit well with me. - Done
- Catch up with 'long-lost' friends I've not seen in ages - Done - caught up with one and had to postpone the other
Make it as you wish SSSs!