Tuesday, April 19, 2011

50 Random Facts about me


Since I love lists and I love random facts I decided to do one of these! Here are 50 Random Facts About Me:
  1. My favourite flower is the oriental lillium
  2. I was born in Hong Kong in 1981
  3. I have two tattoos 
  4. I love skinny black ties
  5. I was voted 'best dressed' in high school...in 1998
  6. Is a massive lover of books. One of my favs in Daddy Long Legs
  7. Once learned to play the drums...not very well...though it sounds cool doesn't it?
  8. Is a total romantic. I love The Man
  9. Continually strives for order in the physical chaos I create
  10. I am messy. But I like to think that I am a organised mess maker
  11. Is a stationary fiend
  12. I can speak English and Australian (thanks mum and dad...I could have been brought up speaking fluent German and Chinese...but no...)
  13. I've moved country/city approximately 15 times in my life, going to about 8 schools (entered some of them twice) and 2 universities. I don't know how many times I moved house.
  14. I can't click my fingers
  15. I have 1.5 sisters, but I love the halfie like a whole ;) 
  16. I am the eldest
  17. I was always curious about having a brother - I've been told I haven't missed much ;)
  18. I went blonde once...for a day (it was really more orange)
  19. I've never been engaged 'm engaged!
  20. My middle name is Bianca - not too bad hey
  21. My left ear sticks out waaaay more than my right ear
  22. I once thought the 'shhhh' gesture was the hello greeting (that's what you get for growing up in hotels)
  23. I grew up in beautiful five-star hotels - dad worked in them. I now live in a normal house (and unfortunately have learned to cook and clean and realise that room service is not on the other end of the phone if I dial '5')
  24. I once was a Brownie
  25. I think I am a grandma in a young person's body - I love to do crosswords, sudoku, cross-stitch and love old-school big band and ratpack music
  26. I used to have a favourite teddy bear named Snuggy. My sister told me, years after the fact, that she had dropped him in the toilet. I don't know where he is anymore (sob).
  27. I can read maps and have a good sense of direction
  28. My pet peeve is incorrect spelling (though I am probably guilty of that in my tired moments) and when people say 'somethink' instead of 'something'
  29. I love systems, routines, planning and organising but sometimes fall short in the implementation
  30. I laugh at my own jokes - some of them are really good...really...
  31. I'm not very good at looking after my hair
  32. I'm finally admitting that I prefer apres-ski to the actual skiing or snowbaording 
  33. I once had a major crush on Edward Furlong (Eddie) from the Terminator movie way back when
  34. I like to walk down the street with a smile on my face. Others find this strange
  35. I cry in movies a lot. I'm also occasionally known to cry over TV adverts and the news
  36. Want to do so many things but sometimes find it hard to know where to start
  37. I really enjoy a good cup of milky coffee. Sometimes instant is better than cafe (sorry java aficionados)
  38. I like to see the good in people, in the world and in the everyday. Though sometimes my mind goes a bit foggy and these things are hard to see. I'm working on it because I think people and the world are fundamentally, awesomely and fabulously great
  39. I love my good friends, but I'm not the best in keeping in contact. Luckily, the relationship is often still wonderful when we reconnect
  40. None of my family live in Sydney
  41. I've been a permanent resident of Australia since 1988
  42. Was once told I could be a great actor by a producer from the BBC. Oh well...
  43. Was really good at geography at high school. Really?! Yes, I was good at knowing the rainfall (or precipitation) in different locations around Australia
  44. I've been slapped across the face once. By Edwina in Year 3. I still don't know why.
  45. The first album I owned was Kylie Minogues "I Should Be So Lucky" one
  46. I've been told I snore. I'm still waiting to see if this is a fact. I don't believe it
  47. I love connecting with people
  48. I love the feeling of laughing so hard you can't stop
  49. We were once asked to leave a performance due to 48.
  50. I adore my family - my mum is inspirational and the source of so much good in my life, my dad is the most wonderful teddy bear, my step-dad is a fabulous crazy visionary, my sisters are my best friends. 
  51. I love lists :) and just had to add one more to make it 51.
What are some random facts about you? I encourage you to make your own list - it's fun!

Make it as you wish SSSs!
Arienne xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...