Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I love this Blog

One of the only blogs I currently follow (and have followed for a few years now) is Kimberly Wilson's musings at her Tranquility du Jour blog

I can't describe how much she lifts me up. When I am feeling down or stagnant I read one of her posts and it gets me out of myself and focussed on something often wonderful.

She has a wonderful way of looking back and reflecting on her accomplishments, of looking forward at her myriad of tasks and events and infusing tranquility into her now. I really want to take a leaf out of her book and try to do this in my crazy life.

I know I often crash my way through my week, trying to be organised and trying to hit all my targets but I really rarely sit down and allow myself to see what i've actually done.

I also really love planning my week, but rarely stick to the priorities or refer back to the plan! How crazy is that?!

There are definitely small changes that can be made that will drastically increase my effectiveness.

So this week I am going to start focussing on a few things:
  • Daily journalling - first thing in the morning (Hello Morning Pages! Remember me?!)
  • More regular sharing - every couple of days
  • Plan, then take action from that plan - refer to it every morning and evening to plan priorities and check things off. Ensure I am making time for things I love rather than all the things I feel obligated to do (reminder to self! do not overcommit self!!!)
  • Make time to look back at what I've accomplished, big and small, fabulous and mundane. - make time on Sunday morning to look back on the week and look forward to next week
  • Keep reading Stephanie Dowrick's Choosing Happiness: Life & Soul Essentials. - I'm putting it my handbag and grabbing snippets when I can
Let's see how I go!

I have to make it as I design!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...