Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bootycamp


So today was the end of the first rotation of Bootycamp!

BFF C and I joined up when we were starting the Raw Food Challenge (raw food post to come!). Bootycamp would be two mornings a week for 6 weeks, each session lasting for 1 hour.

We have a great little group working out together at a park down the road. The trainer is great and friendly and nice (even though we jokingly send her evil looks when she gets us to do another set of bloody lunges...). We do everything from laps of the park, lunges, squats, numerous variations of sit ups, boxing, circuit training around the play ground, to pull ups (I am the group champion in that one. And only that one), throwing and catching balls.

Doing it in a group with a trainer has fantastic motivations associated with it.  I know that if I had been doing a lap in the park alone, I would have stopped and walked. And I definitely wouldn't have done 3 laps!!! It really does keep you going and if you are at all competitive, the group pushes you further than you might if you were on your own.

During the first session we did a fitness test to see what our base levels of fitness were. Mine were...hmmm...let's say not so great. The test involved the Beep Test (anyone who has done it hates it!), holding the plank for as long as possible, push ups, wall squat and I am sure there was something else, but I may have blanked it out.

Today, we did the fitness test again to see how far we'd come. Thank god there was a super duper improvement in my stats! It is fantastic to see these sorts of results because it makes me more motivated to do more. And I am seeing changes in my body - slimmer arms, tighter torso (The Man is just hoping the...ahem...special bits don't shrink too much!).

It can be quite challenging waking up at 5.30am to get there for a 6am start. But I learned that while it was hard to get out of bed, I always felt soooooooooo much the better for attending. And it really showed the rest of the day with more energy, sharper focus and psychologically feeling great that I had done something fabulous for my health.

So, because I have a goal to be fit and fabulous for 30 (which is not too far away - May 17 everybody!), I've decided to invest in the next round and continue on next week.

Plus I'm continuing with Yoga, though I've not scheduled much time for it lately and I disappointed my lovely new yoga bud Mrs M by canceling on her this week (tsk tsk Arienne).

Here's to shaking our Booooooooties :)

How do you keep fit and motivated?

Make it as you wish SSSs!
Arienne xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...