Sunday, March 20, 2011

Land Ahoy!

Being the fabulous girlfriend that I am I missed The Man's birthday. Not because I forgot or anything (I'd like to think I'm not that horrible!), but because I was away (well, I had to get up at 4.30am and leave the house at 6am on the day of his birthday... and be off to Canberra and Wagga Wagga for a few days). So really, we only saw each other for 2 seconds.

This is The Man...aren't his eyes dreamy?

So, I tried to make up for it. I was searching for something I thought he would love and after a few days, The Idea came to mind. If I haven't shared already, The Man is Hungarian. And he came to Australia almost two years ago because he had a dream to be near the ocean and loves almost everything to do with ships and adventuring.

It wasn't a massive idea, but I bought us tickets to sail on a tall ship in Sydney Harbour at Twilight. Here are some pics of the evening:

 In front of the boat as it pulled up. And a recognisable landmark behind us.

 The long horse face next to the round moon face...

 The weather wasn't the greatest...But the beauty of the harbour shines still!

 Ahoy Captain "The Man"


 View back towards the city from Rose Bay
 It was raining and then overcast and then there wCeautiful light.

 Going under the Harbour Bridge

 It was a tad pouring. We all looked fabulous in translucent ponchos...

 I taught The Man the term drowned rats.

 Drying off with some shots...Yes, it is logical.

Super freaky eyes I know, but it had been a long week and a drenched outing!

So I have partially redeemed myself for abandoning him on his birthday and am back on full girlfriend status!

Make it as you wish SSSs!
Arienne xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...