Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Goodbye Shiny Distractions, Hello Focus & Making Things Happen!

Found on  a lovely blog about Shiny Object Syndrome!

Those of you who know me know I have a lot going on. Like always. And not always in a good way. I know I have somehow chosen all of this as there are so many wonderful opportunities, ideas and people that it is hard not to jump on board all of them (I don't actually physically jump on that many people - but you know what I mean right?!).

Buuuuuuuuuuut, there are consequences to this. Yes...
I sometimes drop the ball and then follow it with a beat up session.
I drop doing some of the stuff that is good for me and I enjoy (ahem...yoga...double ahem...blogging)
I don't do a lot of things to the depth or with the care they deserve
I don't connect with a lot of friends and loved ones
Time feels like it flies by without accomplishing big things
I don't have the down time to rejuvenate or connect with myself and my creativity.

Do you ever feel this way too? What do you do about it?

So, I'm learning to:

  • stay away from Shiny Distracting Objects (eyes on the prize Girl!), 
  • saying a compassionate 'No' or 'Can we have a look at that later?' when required,
  • asking myself 'Will doing this move me towards my goals?' and then 'Is this the best thing I can do right now to move me quickly to my goals?' when new things present themselves,
  • not adding anything new to my project list until some a complete and, 
  • focussing on what is important in the now so I can really dive into the things that will make my dreams come to reality.
What are your recommendations to deal with have too many things to do?

Make it as you wish Adventuress,
Arienne xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...