Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What’s In My Happy Place: 360/30 Lists: 17 Oct 12



This post is part of the 365/30 List for Philofaxy October 2012

17. WHAT IS IN YOUR HAPPY PLACE?
One of the happiest places I have in the world is where my Dad lives in Switzerland (as opposed to calling it our Swiss Chalet – which sounds a bit more wanky right?!).

Because we moved around so much when we were younger – we never had a real family home – except for Chalet Edelweiss (yes, very original I know). No matter where we were in the world we would visit our small town of Troistorrents at least once a year. It was the only constant abode in our nomadic lives.

To me it is a symbol of family time. Of easy days full of laughter and time. Of magical Christmases and wildflower filled summers. It holds wonderful, wonderful memories of board games, fire-side chats and warm neighbours.

Physically, it has the mish-mash collection of:
  • childhood toys,
  • 30 year-old washed-so-many-times-it-feels-amazing-so-I-never-want-to-get-out-of-bed sheets,
  • favourite mugs from which to drink Suchard Express (our fav hot chocolate eva),
  • photos and videos of crazy and touching family moments and
  • probably every pair-less mitten and glove known to man.
It is a place I wish I could get to more often in these days of
having to pay for my own plane ticket. responsibilities. Whenever I have a bad day and need to ‘go to a happy place’ in my mind, I visit Chalet Edelweiss.

Make it as you wish SSSs!
Arienne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...