This post is part of the 365/30 List for Philofaxy October 2012
17. WHAT IS IN YOUR HAPPY PLACE?
One of the happiest places I have in the world is where my Dad lives in Switzerland (as opposed to calling it our Swiss Chalet – which sounds a bit more wanky right?!).
Because we moved around so much when we were younger – we never had a real family home – except for Chalet Edelweiss (yes, very original I know). No matter where we were in the world we would visit our small town of Troistorrents at least once a year. It was the only constant abode in our nomadic lives.
To me it is a symbol of family time. Of easy days full of laughter and time. Of magical Christmases and wildflower filled summers. It holds wonderful, wonderful memories of board games, fire-side chats and warm neighbours.
Physically, it has the mish-mash collection of:
- childhood toys,
- 30 year-old washed-so-many-times-it-feels-amazing-so-I-never-want-to-get-out-of-bed sheets,
- favourite mugs from which to drink Suchard Express (our fav hot chocolate eva),
- photos and videos of crazy and touching family moments and
- probably every pair-less mitten and glove known to man.
Make it as you wish SSSs!