What a way to start the day!
This morning, I kicked the day off with a dose of inspiration and connecting with like minds. Every month, Vibewire and the Powerhouse Museum put on FastBreak, a pre-work morning event and breakfast with 5 presenters speaking for 5 minutes on the month's topic.
Today was on the topic of Craft (close to my heart because of Life is Crafted!). It was five entrepreneurs discussing their take on Craft and Crafting. I always take something away from these sorts of events. Whether a re-determination to take action, a specific thing to do or inspiration to fuel my work and my being.
The pic above was of the first speaker, Rupal Ismin of Andable. Andable is a wonderful online marketplace with a difference - you can buy 'products directly from indie sellers in Australia and around the world.
10% of every sale goes to fund a micro loan (or 'small business loan') to a person in need in a developing country.'
I've had my Andable account created for a while now, I just need to start stocking my shop there. This morning reminded me to get my Life is Crafted diaries and products organised so I can list them! Meeting Rupal after the presentation was also a treat. I am always interested in the people and personalities behind the scenes of businesses I'm drawn to.
Sprinkling inspiration into your everyday is super important to keep you heading in the direction you want. The good news is that it is not hard to do. Here are 5 ideas:
- Find and attend events in your area that have inspiring speakers and attendees.
- Find a blog to read that inspires you to be or do more.
- Make a regular date with people in your world that uplift you.
- Take a walk and find the awe and wonder in the everyday things that surround you.
- Connect to your dreams and goals. Have a daily reminder of the why behind what you are doing to push you forward.
How do you feed inspiration into your world?
Make is as you wish,